CRANE PROFILE SUMMARY.
CRANE is passionate about keeping every child and every adult beneficiary safe. Together we are a network of over 3,000 workers from 140 organisations, schools and churches who are working together for children. We can count 73,693 children at risk who are being directly impacted by CRANE. CRANE will continue to bring together childcare workers, duty bearers and other stakeholders for collaborative action so that we will see transformational change in the lives of children at risk.
CRANE was formed in 2004 and registered in 2006 with Kampala City Council as a CBO until 2011 when it became an NGO under Registration: No: S.5914/9186 with Uganda NGO Bureau and as a company Limited by Guarantee registration number 80020000712920
To help create a shared vision amongst individual members that signposts common priorities so that together we provide quality care for children and creative solutions to persistent problems so that together we see transformational change for children. This model will promote the role of children in finding solutions and advocating for child rights and child protection.
CRANE CORE VALUES
- God fearing
- Children as our most important citizens
- Christ like Response to needs of children at risk
- Quality Care.
AREAS OF OPERATION
CRANE by nature operates countrywide because of its membership as a network since most of its members operate it different districts of Uganda and have their presence there. However in terms of Specific activities that we work on together as a network we are more engaged in districts of Kampala; Wakiso; Mukono; Buikwe; Nakaseke
CRANE Statement of Faith
- In the Holy Scriptures as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy; and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- One God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Our Lord Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, His virgin birth, His sinless human life, His divine miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, His mediatorial work, and His Personal return in power and glory.
- The Salvation of lost and sinful man through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ by faith apart from works, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the believer is enabled to live a holy life, to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Unity of the Spirit of all true believers, the Church, the Body of Christ.
- The Resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
Being a member of CRANE means that you openly state your commitment to the other members in CRANE and to working together for the sake of children. Together we can make a powerful statement of unity as Christians in Uganda. Membership will help you to invest in strategic interventions for children. When members of CRANE share a common identity, a sense of belonging, a deeper commitment and trust of one another, better working relationships, new opportunities for joint impact so that together we will deliver a better quality of work for children.
Network members work together to plan and deliver joint strategies. The network is overseen by the Executive Board, which is made up on individuals elected by the members through a democratic process.
CRANE members are independent organizations that are individually governed and funded. The Network does not provide direct financial support to its members.
The Network is made up of action groups that include;
- The Street connected Action Group.
- Special Needs Action Group,
- Education Action group,
- Community Empowerment Action Group,
- Church Action Group
- Crisis Pregnancy Action Group
ORGANISATIONS INTENDING TO JOIN THE NETWORK
|Areas||Partner Membership (Ordinary)|
|Annual subscription||100,000 UGX|
|Policy conditions||Must have a child protection policy and a governing body. Human resource policy and finance policy is an added advantage. The Secretariat will assist in improving these.|
|Visits||Minimum 1 visit per quarter|
|News updates||Monthly news bulletin|
|Collaborative Programmes||Actively engaging in collaborative programmes. Programmatic training will be followed up with on-site visits and mentoring to help with implementation and Improvement|
|Board representation||Member can have a representative stand for Board election who can then serve as per the constitution|
|Working Groups||Opportunity to be a post holder on any of the working groups|
|Resource sharing||Will be given opportunities to apply for all available resources and opportunities|
|Network identification||Organization will be given a CRANE certificate and badge to identify them as a partner member.|
|Access to information||All relevant non-personal information, such as research data, will be made available on request|
|Sanctions||Partner status will be removed if criteria are breached.|
|Requirements||Legal registration, certificates, official Address, Child protection policy and framework, organization profile staff and Board List and qualifications and positions.
Must be one that shares the same Christian values, and agrees to the network Statement of Faith